- About Us
- Easy Access Summaries
- Site Map
- Contact Us
We Can Help You - Researchers
The team at Bristol SLTRU have over 75 years combined research experience.
The range of projects and expertise at the Unit covers many different aspects of the care and management of language and communication impairments including:
- Assessments, outcome measures and screening tools
- Perceptions of communication disorders and therapy from differing perspectives
- Therapists’ decision making
- Therapy development and evaluations
- Development and evaluation of computer software for adults and children with speech and language disorders
The methodologies used by the Unit include a full range of health service research methods:Systematic reviews
- Applied research
- Mixed methods – qualitative and quantitative
If you are developing a research proposal the research team may be able to signpost you to the most relevant literature, provide guidance on appropriate research methodologies and funding streams as well as direct you to a subject specialist from our wide network of UK and international contacts who would be able to help you develop your research idea further.
If you would like to discuss your research proposal with our team, please get in touch here...
Bristol SLTRU is keen to build collaborations with established research teams and join with experienced practitioners, commissioners and allied health professionals in joint bids to funding and research bodies.
If you are interested in joining the research unit as a co-applicant in a research grant please contact us here...