- About Us
- Easy Access Summaries
- Site Map
- Contact Us
Book - 'Listening to Children and Young People with Speech & Language and Communication Needs '
Sue Roulstone and Sharynne McLeod (Editors)
The importance of listening to children and young people has received considerable attention in the literature, but little has been written about the particular challenges of listening to those with speech, language and communication needs.
This book includes:
- the voice of the children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
- insights from researchers, speech and language therapists, social workers,psychologists, teachers, advocates, and parents
- a diversity of disciplines: health, education, and social care
- a range of creative techniques and solutions for listening to children and young people
- links to service implications
Part I provides views about the importance of listening to children written by advocates for children with speech, language and communication needs.
Part II unpacks the complexities and issues, providing theoretical perspectives about the listening process.
Part III contains real life examples of listening to children and young people through structured reports of research and clinical projects.
Copies of the book may be purchased direct from the publishers - J&R Press
Royalties from the sale of the book are donated to Afasic, a charity for children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.